After Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was introduced many features were ported from it to ICS devices including Google Now too. We also showed a tutorial how you can install “Google Now” for all ICS device but it wasn’t fully working as the voice search had some trouble. But now it is fully working including voice search, please follow the process accordingly as we have divided the installation process for ARMv7 and ARMv6 and if you are not aware then don’t go ahead with the process before confirming,
Install Google Now on ICS for ARMv7 Device :
- Your device should be rooted
- You must be running a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM)
- Your device must be a ARMv7
- Install a root explorer, you can also install ES File Explorer
Download Flashable zip
- M6 – Mikeyxda’s version 6. This version has improved on the previous one by fixing the double take problem, typed searches are working, auto launch is fixed, as well as the following fixes from the previous version: Red mic with cards showing with no refresh needed, no FCs, offline dictation, and no stretched words. These zips all use zipalligned apks.
- R3 – “Nearly there” version by ReekoTubbs. This version has the Red mic with cards showing with no refresh needed, no double take, no FCs, offline dictation, auto-launch, no blank screen, and no stretched words. These zips all use zipalligned apks.
- M2 – mikeyxda APK version 2. This version resolves the double take, invisible screen, and auto launch problems. Sometimes the red mic screen doesn’t show up. To fix it, press the normal mic, then hit menu > refresh to bring back the red mic. That’s should get everything back to normal.
- M1 – mikeyxda APK Version 1. This version resolves the double take, invisible screen, and auto launch problems, but sometimes the cards don’t show up.
After you have downloaded your desired zip, its time to flash it,
- Copy the zip into your SD Card
- Now reboot your device in Recovery Mod
- Select Install Zip from SD Card, and select the file from SD Card and give permission to device to flash it
- Reboot the device again
- After your device is fully booted then open your root explorer whichever you are using (I am using root explorer)
- Navigate to /system/usr/srec/ and find two folders named “config” and “en-US”
- Select “config” and give it the permission rwxr-xr-x
- And follow the same step above for “en-US”
- Enjoy! Google Now for your ARMv7 device
Install Google Now on ICS for ARMv6 Device :
- Your device must be rooted
- You should have a root explorer
- Download this file
- Open root explorer and navigate to system/app
- Rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.bak
- Move the above downloaded file, to system/app remember to rename the file to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk and give it the permission to rw-r-r
- Now reboot the device, and enjoy!
If you get any error or problem while installing do let us know, and also share your experience with us.