Few weeks ago we showed you how to install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy Ace GTs5830 which was in Alpha stage at that time. But after doing so much work on that ROM developers finally able to fix many things and has released the Beta1 version. The changelog for the current version i.e, Beta1 are:
- small speaker fixed
- microphone fixed
- headsets are working (whole, 3/4 pin etc)
- fixed videoplayback
- new RIL – better stability
- CM10 sources updates
- Themes support
- fixed native app2sd (.android_secure)
- Macław’s libaudio
So after including the changelog following things are working in Beta1 version
- RIL (full – GSM/SMS/EDGE/3G/SIGNAL etc)
- Small speaker
- Sensors (strange issue with proximity)
- Project Butter (100%)
- Full 2D/3D acceleration
- SD card
- Native Android app2sd (.android_secure)
- Bluetooth (really, really buggy)
- Mass storage
- Live wallpapers
- GPS (people saying it working fast)
- Deep sleep
- YouTube (thanks erikcas for his help)
- FM radio (as in CM9)
What isn’t working are
- Camera (partially working, maybe in next release)
- Though there are few glitch in home screen you will notice,
Install CyanogenMod10 in Samsung Galaxy Ace
*Note: we should not be held responsible for any damage it cause while installing the ROM, and this tutorial is only for Galaxy ACE GTs5830 don’t try it with any other device.
- Create a backup of your current ROM by rebooting your phone in Recovery mode and select “Backup/Restore” and then “Backup”
- Create backup of your contacts and messages.
- Download this file, “CyanogenMod 10 for Samsung galaxy Ace“
- After downloading the above file, copy it in your phone’s SD card.
- Now reboot your device in recover mode. To boot your phone in recovery mode switch off your device now press home button and power button simultaneously unless your phone boots in recovery mode.
- Now wipe cache partition, data/factory reset.
- Now select Advanced, and wipe dalvik cache, and come back to home menu
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” and select the above downloaded file and give the permission to install.
- After installation is done, reboot your device. It will take some time on the first boot up, so don’t worry.
- Voila! you are running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, CyanogenMod 10 in your s5830
Enjoy! the taste of Jelly Bean and share your experience with us.